Rob Blakeney offers engineering services on high-performance buildings including energy modelling, mechanical HVAC, building science, structural analysis (including structural analysis for rooftop solar), and rainwater & greywater harvesting. Rob has 25 years in the building industry, including 12 years in green buildings and energy efficiency; as a consultant, contractor and developer. This includes two dozen LEED projects from hospitals to daycare facilities to residential multi-use buildings and high rises. More recently, he has focused his speciality on Passive House near-zero buildings for residential and institutional clients.
Professional Engineer, UBC, 1988
Passive House Consultant Certification (2012)
Board Member of Passive Buildings Canada since Dec 2014.
LEED Accredited Professional in 2004
Board of Directors for the CaGBC
CaGBC Technical Advisory Group
Recently, Rob has been hired by a humanitarian organization to assist with developing low cost, low energy, resilient housing for the Caribbean and North American applications.
Received LEED® Accredited Professional status in 2004 and have since been involved in over two dozen LEED projects ranging from daycare centres to hospitals to communities:
- Saskatchewan Housing Corporation, Maple Leaf Estate. Lead facilitator of 40 green building experts for the CMHC-sponsored 3-day integrated design charrette for 60 unit affordable housing project, Regina
- Minto Spring high-rise project (LEED Silver candidate)
- 150 suite Minto Roehampton (LEED Gold) project
- Minto Midtown high-rise, largest residential LEED building in N.America (LEED Gold)
- Aurora 24 Storey Residential Tower, Edmonton, Alberta, incorporating combined heat-and-power design concept
- Town of Cobourg Community Centre (LEED Silver candidate)
- The University of Guelph, Engineering Building, LEED Silver candidate
- Magna Arts and Entertainment Building, Aurora (LEED Gold candidate)
- Kitchener Operations Facility (LEED Gold candidate)
- 40,000 sf office addition, Windsor, Ontario (Rosati Group)
- LEED Reviewer for 31 Storey Residential Tower, Fort McMurray, AB (targeting LEED Gold.
- LEED and Best Practice Commissioning Design Review for River Avenue Daycare, Winnipeg, MB, incorporating geo-exchange and radiant heat systems